M for Make the Time & Mix It Up

By | 10:37 Leave a Comment

Make The Time To Blog

When one first starts blogging, they tend to write / post whenever they feel like it.  I’ve found that over the past few years; I’ve started to make the time for blogging even when I’m super busy Mand have way too much on my plate – but I make sure I put aside a little bit of time to update my blog. 

Why ? Because I want my blog to grow (for myself).  One of my blog goals is to post a minimum of 8 posts a month; and luckily for me in 2011 I averaged 17 posts a month (compared to 2009 / 2010 where I was averaging 10 posts a month). 

My blog (or me) will probably never be a Top 10 blog across genres – but that doesn’t mean it can’t be. And the only way it will – is if I make time for my blog like all the other pro-bloggers out there.  Just by committing to take part in the A to Z Challenge – I’ve made myself make time for blogging each day.

What about you – do you just blog as and when you like or do you set aside a particular time of the day to blog ? I tend to write the most late at night or early in the morning.  Do you have any blog schedule that you follow ?

Mix It Up

I enjoy mixing up the content on my blog since I’m the type of person who gets bored quite easily.  I love to read blogs with different content to mine – and if I learn something new from a blog post that’s a total plus point. 

Memes are in essence pre-defined templates that bloggers can use to provide regular and interesting content to their blogs.  They are particularly useful when you’re lacking inspiration or when your creative juices are drained out. meme 2

I do owe some of my blog posts to the memes that I participate in such as Music Monday; Wordless Wednesday; and a little meme I created on my own Sexy Saturday.  The idea behind these memes is quite simple – every Monday I put up a post about a piece of music that I enjoy.  Wordless Wednesday involves putting up a photograph / visual art – I’ve clubbed this by adding my thoughts to the picture and asking my readers what they think about it too.  Sexy Saturday is all about eye-candy and I used it as a way to feature the actors / actresses that I (and the rest of you) drool over.

Do you participate in any popular memes or blog hops ? Would you consider participating in any of the ones I have mentioned ? Does your blog have a mix of topics or do you tend to stick to one type of content ?

Did You Know …

Richard Dawkins first introduced the word ‘meme’ in The Selfish Gene (1976) to discuss evolutionary principles in explaining the spread of ideas and cultural phenomena. He gave as examples melodies, catch-phrases, and beliefs (notably religious belief), clothing/fashion, and the technology of building arches.