Halfway Down 2010

By | 23:55 4 comments

Can you believe that it’s already 1st June of 2010 ?? I know I can’t … I mean I can but I can’t !  I decided to reminisce a little bit and think about what I wrote this time last year … Half A Year Gone By .. and some things have definitely changed since then.

I’ve been in India almost 3 years now .. that’s huge for me ! Considering I never really wanted to be here – I’ve managed not to drive myself completely insane (although those who know me very well would completely disagree and reckon I need therapy for what I go through just by driving on the streets out here !) 

The monsoons still haven’t started in India as yet – and for the first time – I’m actually looking forward to the rains .. the weather has been disgustingly hot and its not helping my mood swings or migraines !

p.s. The rains started as soon as hit publish on this post – so recalled it to put this point in ! Woohoo ! The rain Gods have heard me !

I thought I’d share a few random facts with you about 1st June … call it a way of enlightenment if you wish :P (all courtesy of Wikipedia of course!)

  • 1st June is the 152nd day of the year (153rd in leap years) in the Gregorian calendar. There aiphone-junere 213 days remaining until the end of the year.
  • 1974 – The Heimlich maneuver for rescuing choking victims is published in the journal Emergency Medicine.
  • 1980 – Cable News Network (CNN) begins broadcasting
  • 2009 – General Motors files for chapter 11 bankruptcy. It is the fourth largest United States bankruptcy in history.
  • 1926 – Marilyn Monroe, American actress was born (d. 1962)
  • 1973 – Heidi Klum, German supermodel was born
  • 2008 – Yves Saint Laurent, French fashion designer died (b. 1936)
  • International Children's’ Day
  • In Canada 1st June is National Day Against Homophobia
  • In Cambodia 1st June is National Tree Planting Day

I still haven’t found all the answers that I have been looking for but I am a step closer for some; whilst there are some answers that just can’t be found right here – right now – I need to be elsewhere for that.

I spent most of my day struggling to cope with a severe migraine – the heat is really getting to me ! What about you ? I hope you had a better day than I did ! Wishing you all a very Happy 1st June !

4 comments:

WhiteSockGirl aka The Fabulous Bitch said...

I am a day late. It is the 2nd already! A very cold day on the 2nd day of June cause it is winter in my country.

I don't how I am doing cause I am too busy chasing my sanity to stop and process my feelings. Not making sense? Oh well,...

Dazediva said...

@ The Fab Bitch .. I know its winter, and you'd like nothing better than to snuggle up with a glass of wine and watch the hotties chasing round objects :P

I know the feeling of chasing sanity; I just wish I could catch up to it quickly enough so I can possibly sit down and process my feelings !!

Unknown said...

It's very difficult to understand time, something you could never get back whatever cost you are prepared to pay.
Sometimes, time fleets away! And, there are those sad moments it lingers on. When I was away from my family, time seemed to be so sluggish!

WhiteSockGirl aka The Fabulous Bitch said...

@Dazediva: You know me too well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!