Can you believe that it’s already 1st June of 2010 ?? I know I can’t … I mean I can but I can’t ! I decided to reminisce a little bit and think about what I wrote this time last year … ‘Half A Year Gone By .. and some things have definitely changed since then.
I’ve been in India almost 3 years now .. that’s huge for me ! Considering I never really wanted to be here – I’ve managed not to drive myself completely insane (although those who know me very well would completely disagree and reckon I need therapy for what I go through just by driving on the streets out here !)
The monsoons still haven’t started in India as yet – and for the first time – I’m actually looking forward to the rains .. the weather has been disgustingly hot and its not helping my mood swings or migraines !
p.s. The rains started as soon as hit publish on this post – so recalled it to put this point in ! Woohoo ! The rain Gods have heard me !
I thought I’d share a few random facts with you about 1st June … call it a way of enlightenment if you wish :P (all courtesy of Wikipedia of course!)
- 1st June is the 152nd day of the year (153rd in leap years) in the Gregorian calendar. There are 213 days remaining until the end of the year.
- 1974 – The Heimlich maneuver for rescuing choking victims is published in the journal Emergency Medicine.
- 1980 – Cable News Network (CNN) begins broadcasting
- 2009 – General Motors files for chapter 11 bankruptcy. It is the fourth largest United States bankruptcy in history.
- 1926 – Marilyn Monroe, American actress was born (d. 1962)
- 1973 – Heidi Klum, German supermodel was born
- 2008 – Yves Saint Laurent, French fashion designer died (b. 1936)
- International Children's’ Day
- In Canada 1st June is National Day Against Homophobia
- In Cambodia 1st June is National Tree Planting Day
I still haven’t found all the answers that I have been looking for but I am a step closer for some; whilst there are some answers that just can’t be found right here – right now – I need to be elsewhere for that.
I spent most of my day struggling to cope with a severe migraine – the heat is really getting to me ! What about you ? I hope you had a better day than I did ! Wishing you all a very Happy 1st June !