Music Monday #6 Enigma - Sadeness

By | 00:38 Leave a Comment

I always thought this track was called ‘Sadness’ until I found out that ‘Sadeness’ was the original name for the German release of this track; ‘Sadness’ was used for the UK and Japan release. 

The reason behind picking this song is because it just seems to fit in with my mood.  I can’t quite describe how I am feeling except that I’m questioning everything that crosses my mind. 

Whenever I have felt upset, down-in-the-dumps, or frustrated – this song just seems to ‘relate’ to that particular feeling.  It allows my mind to visualize.  And right now there’s a huge gulf of emptiness inside of me – and I’m not quite sure how best to handle it.

I’ve always wondered about the lyrics of this song, but never really went out of my way to find out anything about it … until today.  The song is actually made up of  Latin & French lyrics; the Latin text includes a quotation from Psalm 24:7-8.  Whilst browsing YouTube, I came across this video which has the Latin & French lyrics (along with Polish I think) as well as the English translation. 

What do you think of this song ? The music is haunting – it echoes in your  mind.  Have you got any associations with this song ? Did you know about the lyrics ? What’s your Music Monday tune ?

Come join Music Monday and share your songs with us. Rules are simple. Leave ONLY the actual post link here and grab the code below and place it at your blog entry. You can grab this code at LadyJava's Lounge Please note these links are STRICTLY for Music Monday participants only. All others will be deleted without prejudice. PS: Because of spamming purposes, the linky will be closed on Thursday of each week at midnight, Malaysian Time. Thank you!