Here’s what she had to say about me :
Dazediva - Sporadic Reflections
I cannot omit her from my award list. She is my girls crush, my BBBFF (Best Bloggy Bitch Fab Friend), the girl I want to have tequila parties with while we are appreciating male gorgeousness. She is bitch fab, the diva and always a fab read!
Now how did she know I’ve been the Karate Kid in my youth & prime ?? Beware – I got some high kicks left in me ! To find out about some more Karate Kids go and visit The Fab Bitch.
The award comes with rules (which one doesn’t these days huh ?) and I have to list 6 things that ‘I Master’. Wow that’s a tough one - ‘cos I’m the Dazed Master of Divas ! So here goes …
1. Master of Capturing Digital Moments. My camera and I go hand in hand. I take lots of pictures. My friends and family reckon I’m obsessive. And yes I’ve mastered the art of being able to take a photograph when one least expects it. I love it ! Now I just need to buy a professional camera and the photos I take will be even more kick ass than they already are !
2. Master of Conversation. I can talk. Honestly I can. And I talk a lot of sense too. NC wonders where I have the stamina to keep talking. Regular every day chit chat bores me. I like learn when I converse with people. I tend to ask a lot of questions or go into detail about certain subjects. I enjoy engaging in conversation outside of my realm of knowledge so that I get to hear another perspective. Every now and then – in true Aquarian style, my mind will wander and my conversation waffles .. but the majority of the time, I make way too much sense. And now with social networks changing conversation – I’m totally on top of my game ! A toast to the Art of Conversation
3. Master of the Roads. I’m sure many of the lads will disagree with this – but you know what – I don’t care. Once you can drive on the roads of Mumbai – you automatically qualify to become a Road Master; and if you SURVIVE (and I’ve managed 2.5 years now) then damn that sure hell gives me the right to call myself the Master of the Roads. And I couldn’t do it without my trusty side-kick Storm :) On a serious front; I qualified amongst my guy friends to ‘race’ with them on the roads of Dubai (aah memories) – and till date none of them have an issue with me getting behind the wheels of their cars.
4. Master of My Kitchen. That was when I had my own kitchen ! I’m living at home after about 8 years; and in the past 2 years I have not entered the family kitchen only ‘cos my mom is so paranoid that I’ll mess something up. Besides – I don’t really ‘feel’ the kitchen so much. When I lived in London and Montreal – I was the master of my kitchen. My Sunday brunches in Montreal were famous on my floor and it was an open house. The menu comprised of French Toast with cinnamon & maple syrup; fluffy mixed omelets; bacon strips / sausages; cereals; a variety of juices. Considering I’m a vegetarian – I’ve made a fantastic Xmas Dinner for my flat mate and long time school friend EG when we were in London. There’s the romantic side of me that will even go on to cook a divine meal for my partner. Yup – done that too.
The only thing I avoid in my kitchen is desserts – because I love them too much and I would be totally heart broken if a dessert I made didn’t come out correctly. So I rather savour the yummy tastes of professional desserts =) And also because I’ve realised that I lose my appetite once I cook – and who the hell wants to miss out on dessert.
5. Master of Getting Things Done. I still prefer the way the Fabulous Bitch has expressed herself on this .. some people may call it manipulation; I reckon its just the way one is able to delegate and get things done the right way at the right time. In my line of work – its a necessity ! And trust me – Bombay is not an easy place to try and get work sorted ! Every body is so laid back and blasé about schedules – deadlines don’t exactly exist for the majority of people; and it’s frustrating as hell to have to constantly go back and forth. At this stage in my life – I know who to call and when to call – and how to get my work done.
6. Master of (almost all) Trades. Ok so this one is a bit cocky and slightly up myself .. but … given the chance, I could master anything and everything I actually wanted to. I know my strengths and my weaknesses; I play up my strengths and work on bettering my weaknesses. I’ve put my hands in many a pie – and its resulted in me doing a bit of this and a bit of that .. after all variety is the spice of life :)
Drum Roll Please ….
- The Fabulous Bitch absolutely deserves this one right back at her. After all she’s my BBBFF ! Her Story for Every Picture series just bowl me over and leave me wondering where she finds the words to so aptly describe something most of can’t even begin to form into a sentence.
I hope you enjoy these Karate Experts as much as I do – and once you get to know them – you’ll understand why they are the best kinda friends to have around. They’re gonna save your ass one of these days ! hahaha