7 Dazed Facts About The Diva

By | 15:45 7 comments

The Fabulous Bitch over at Splintered Life has bestowed upon me … hold your breath now … Beautiful_Blogger Award

Considering she’s never seen me (then again neither have you) – I am flattered that she thinks of my blog and me as beautiful =)  Actually here’s what she said ..

Sporadic Reflection
Love this girl. She is dazzling, gorgeous, fabulous and just one helluva of a hot bitch lovely blogger.

So I’d like to take a bow in one of my sexiest dresses and thank The Fabulous Bitch for honouring me with this award ! If you haven’t already rushed across to check her blog out – then you’re honestly missing out on some super sassy writing !

The rules of this award are:

  • Thank the person who nominated you for this award
  • Copy the award and place it in your blog
  • Link the person who nominated you for this award
  • Tell us 7 interesting things about you
  • Nominate 7 bloggers and link to their blogs

7 Dazed Facts About The Diva ….

1.  I am a self-proclaimed chocoholic. Give me dessert over a meal any day and I’ll be happy.  It’s definitely one of my guilty pleasures. I love desserts so much so that my signature in one of my email accounts is …

All I really need is chocolate, but a little love now and then doesn't hurt! -- Me

2.  I am a diva on the dance floor.  Ironically – as a kid – I was super shy to get on the floor.  But as I grew older and discovered the joys of nightclubs; I have gone on to daze those who watch me on the dance floor ;) Whether it’s R&B, Hip Hop or House music – I love to dance.  Give me a good dance partner and damn I’ll show you some moves.  One of my very good friends HRH is a wicked dancer – and damn this man can salsa like no tomorrow.

3.  I have a super low boredom threshold .. hence like to learn about anything and everything.  I need constant change.  I don’t like routine.  Maybe for a few things (never mess around with gym / yoga timings)– but generally I don’t routine.  I love to learn – and took up languages (French, German, Arabic) as they came easily to me – next on the list is Spanish & Italian. When I entered the corporate world - I couldn’t handle a  typical 9-5 job.  I tried it and had to leave it.  That’s how I got into event management.  Every project is different.  Perhaps this is also why I could never get a tattoo or pierce random body parts.  It would be a fad for a bit and then I’d want to get rid of them.

4.  I don’t believe in sleeping.  My cousin NC reckons I’m an insomniac – which I’m not.  I just think sleeping is a waste of time.  If I sleep more than 5 hours – I get cranky as hell.  I have never slept in the afternoon till date.   My mom told me that as a baby – I would prefer to play in my crib than go to sleep.  Having said that – I don’t like to sleep alone (who doesn’t) .. I find myself drifting off in to a deep slumber when there’s someone next to me who I can cuddle up to.  My German Shepherd always jumped onto the bed and would cozy up to me – got some of my best sleep then !  At the moment I have neither a dog nor a boyfriend …. hmmm maybe that’s why sleep doesn’t seem to come easily.

5.  My life is digitally captured.  In 2008 I had 19,500 photos; 2009 saw 15,307 photos only because I had broken my ankle and wasn’t allowed to go out for about 2 months.  We’re only 2 months into 2010 and I have 3534 photos already. Oh and did I mention that I have 288 albums up on FB ? Yeah my life is definitely digitally captured.  I’ve got my photos sorted chronologically by the year and by date .. and it feels amazing to know that all I have to do is flip through those pics to see what I was up to at a particular time in my life.  Sure I’ve pissed a few people off with my digital obsession – but it’s okay – at some point they’ve all come back to ask for certain photos; and have more often than not – used my photos for their profile pics on FB hehehe.  Just today my boy Rockstar was bitching me out for taking his photos (he hates my camera / hates his pic being taken) and went on to try to make feel guilty by suggesting that for every picture I click he’ll just spend less time with me :( 

6.  I have way too many diva style personalities.  I kid you not.  My boys treat me like one of the lads (albeit with boobs & a hot ass).  I am constantlymultiple personality 2 partying like a rock star ! NC doesn’t know where I get the energy levels from.  I often come  across as a very cold hearted bitch; I’ve been known to cut people out of my life the minute they breach my trust – and it doesn’t matter if they’ve known me my whole life either.  I am fantastic with kids (ok only with my nieces & nephews) which is a side of me most don’t get.  I am a mush ball when it comes to animals (I even cried in Ice Age when Diego was getting clawed by the other sabers).  In short, I could be your best friend, your lover, your fantasy or if you’re unlucky enough to get the wrong side of me - your worst enemy.  Alanis Morissette said it much better though :

I’m a bitch I’m a lover
I’m a child I’m a mother
I’m a sinner I’m a saint
I do not feel ashamed
I’m your hell I’m your dream
I’m nothin’ in between
You know, you wouldn’t want it any other way

7.  I’m so simple … it’s complicated.  And that’s the truth.  I am who I am. I don’t try to hide it. I am about as honest and upfront as you can get.  If I combine my FB & Blogger profile descriptions – it would read … ‘what you see is what you get .. should you choose to see beyond the obvious then we'll definitely get along :)  Think you can handle that ?    My best mate Nat (aka @britgirlz) put this on her status a few minutes ago …. Be who You are, say what You feel. Those who matter, don't mind. Those who mind, don't matterSee what I mean – I’m simple, and people complicate it ! Ironically I happened to write a post some time back with the same title.  Just read it and had a laugh to myself.

Enough about me … DRUM ROLL … and now it’s time for what you all have been waiting for … the Nominees …(catch them on Twitter & check their blogs) …

  1. Nando from Nandoism … he’s just oh-so-fab and a damn good writer too ! his video blogs will make you squeal in delight !
  2. Jack .. and he’s f*cking in Brooklyn ! .. Ladies rush over to his page right now and be prepared to let your jaws drop .. and once you read his writing; if you’re panties aren’t in a twist, I’ll change my name.
  3. Cole over at Pre Middle Age … she’s outrageously funny; her life lessons are great; and she’s got sass ! and she’s an event planner like me :)
  4. Cereal Daters over at I Hate The Way You Eat Cereal .. created by 3 very strong and expressive ladies – this is a fab blog if you haven’t read it as yet !
  5. KCKool over at KCKools’ Blog … it’s quite a pretty blog; and beautifully maintained.  Lots of interesting subjects on there. Swing by and show some love.
  6. Kimmy over at KimmyStyle .. now that’s where classics and style intersect .. she’s got a great blog collection and the pictures will take your breath away.
  7. Carol over at Balsam Ponds … one of the first few bloggers I came across; she is extremely artistic and creative and makes some of the loveliest cards that I have seen.  I only know Carol through her writing and once you read her blog – you will understand why she is a Beautiful Blogger.

If you fancy checking out some more uber funky bloggers – do check out the Swank Bloggers who Give Good Blog; The Awesome Girl Bloggers, and The Bitch Fab Bloggers

Hope you enjoy these Beautiful Bloggers as much as I do =) Happy Reading and don’t forget to show some comment lurve whilst dropping by their blogs !

7 comments:

nandoism said...

I love your energy and the fact that despite your outrageously crazy busy schedule--you keep on blogging. Thank you for the nomination--you're truly a sparkling gem.

Jackie said...

Diva, you are simply 'liscious.' I'm honored to be included amongst such august writers. You are SOOOO crushable; I hope the boys in Mumbai can keep up with the heat!

Besos
JFB

Dazediva said...

@ Nandoism .. Awww !! I think I should try out for an energizer bunny commercial or Duracel batteries hahaha I'm still nowhere close to being as regular as my fave bloggers when it comes to actually blogging; but I would like to someday :) Until then I'm squeezing all I can in between the mad schedule and getting some shut eye

@ Jackie .. *blush* I'm smiling from ear to ear right now ! Just got home after a night out; and IF ONLY the Mumbai boys could learn the art of conversation I'd be in a better place heheh and it's official .. I totally have a cyber crush on you !!! can't wait to meet you in person in NY when I visit later this summer :) pleeeeeeease lemme be a part of group discussions

WhiteSockGirl aka The Fabulous Bitch said...

You deserve it!

Only one thing,.. ONLY NOW? Did I not 'bestow' this award on you like weeks ago? Bad bad girl!

Ok, forgive,.. not sure about forget. Bribe me,...

Dazediva said...

@ WSG .. I know ! I know ! I'm late in putting it up .. I was in Dubai .. and between beach parties; shisha; and trying to 'bestow' (yes its your favourite word I know) on SEVEN beautiful bloggers - it took some time ... and I'm working on the bribe package as we speak.

WhiteSockGirl aka The Fabulous Bitch said...

Ok, will wait for that bribe something!

In the mean time, I have something else for you on my blog!!!!

Dazediva said...

Here's a message from KimmyStyle as the captcha (word verification link) wasn't working .. she sent this to me on Blog Catalog

"Dazediva, you have completely rendered me speechless which is extremely hard to do! Thank you ever so much for bestowing this lovely award upon me, you are a complete jewel and worthy of all the accolades you receive. Carry on beautiful diva!:-)"

Check out her shout-out to more Beautiful Bloggers over at http://kimmystyle.blogspot.com/2010/03/i-am-beautiful-blogger-award-winner.html