Diva in Dubai

By | 19:06 7 comments

I’ve only just come back from a glorious two week vacation in Dubai … I was only meant to go for a a few days and just ended up extending my trip each time.  For those of you who’re new to my blog; I’m a potpourri of cultures – and spent my childhood growing up in Dubai.  It’s been about 1.5 year since I’ve been back and about 8 years since my family moved from there – but it’s still ‘home’ for me.

Words cannot describe just how I felt about my holiday – and hence I’m just going to share a few photographs with you to take you through my journey :)

P2170003

The very modern hotel room for the first 4 nights of the holiday.  Freaked NC out when I told her there was no separate shower ! She’d already made plans of kicking me out of the room for privacy during bath hours haha

             P2180168 P2180191

The Burj Khalifa is truely a stunning tower and sight to gawk at.

P2180188 P2180190

Some of the views from outside Dubai Mall in the evening.

P2190035

P2190041 

We went out to the Nassimi Beach which is a part of the Atlantis hotel and watched Cafe Del Mar perform live ! Spent a few hours at this super chilled out party and honestly I didn’t want to leave ! 

P2210018P2190016Went to this lovely cafe restaurant which overlooked the fountains outside Dubai Mall called Zahr El-Laymoun .. the food was to die for !

The coffee was served in the traditional way – loved the pot ! The juices were served in mini pitchers (that’s carrot juice in the photo below. !  And the shisha pipes were quite pretty and matched the colour theme of the entire restaurant.

P2190012P2190015 

P2240047 P2240053 The above two pics are from the Madinat Jumeirah – super chilled out; where you can go and grab some coffee; shisha; and a few drinks.  There are various restaurants scattered across here overlooking the water front.

  P2270001 P2270008

The last few days I crashed over at my aunts place in the Palms Jumeriah.  That’s the view from out of my room window.  On the left side is the pool and the beach ! It felt great to be able to open the lounge sliding doors and walk straight out to the pool and within 5 feet you can get to the beach.

And before I forget – you must see some of the new friends I made whilst out there … can’t wait to see them again !

P2220116P2220115 P2220191 P2220113

P2220174 P2220260

I met all these cool creatures over at the Dubai Aquarium ! It’s a must visit if you ever make a trip out there.  You even get the option of going snorkeling with the sharks ! or if you prefer to be safe – then you can take a ride on a glass bottom boat.

There you have it … my holiday snaps.  I have LOTS more … but they just involve lots of alcohol ! hahah

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

one word : WOW!!! ;)

cafe del mar, the food, the shisha, the views...aaaaah!!! :)
& ofcourse not to forget the "modern" shower! :P

never been to dubai, but this totally makes me want to jump onto the next flight!! :)

PS: cafe del mar, yes im still jazzed abt that :P

-Prutha

Dazediva said...

@ Prutha .. you must must must visit Dubai .. it's a paradise .. you'll never want to leave it (that's just how I feel) .. I even got LIVE video of Cafe Del Mar performing !!! will post it up :)

Bombchell said...

wow!!! next time pls put me in ur purse :)

Dazediva said...

@ Bombchell ... good thing I carry spacious bags (yeah I'm with the fashion trends) - I think you can fit in there too :) have you ever been ? its such a fun place ! one of my favourite cities in the world

WhiteSockGirl aka The Fabulous Bitch said...

I am jealous! Damn jealous,.. looks AWESOME!

crazynigerian said...

I like the pics alot(especially the food...yum). I've been to Dubai twice already and I would love to go again. There's just so much to see and to do. I only have 8days of my annual leave left this year. Better make the most of it I suppose!

Dazediva said...

@ WSG .. this isn't even a quarter of the pics I've taken .. you're on my FB - check them out - 5 albums of the trip !!! and you can see my cute outfits too hehehe

@ CrazyNigerian .. isn't it a wicked city ? when was the last time you were there ? and how many days holiday to you get ? make a trip there or come to India !! Bombay & Goa calling dude :P