MM #63 Goo Goo Dolls - Iris

By | 00:01 Leave a Comment

I actually don’t know too many other tracks by this band but I really loved this tune when I first heard it in the ‘City of Angels’ sound track.   There’s something so soothing about the music and the lyrics are really quite beautiful.

The opening verse lyrics set the tone for the entire song .. and if you have seen the movie – then I'm sure you were left teary eyed when the song came on.

And I'd give up forever to touch you
Cause I know that you feel me somehow
You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be
And I don't want to go home right now

This song stayed on top of Billboard Hot 100 Airplay charts for a record-breaking 18 weeks, and was nominated for three Grammys the same year.

Come join Music Monday and share your songs with us. Rules are simple. Leave ONLY the ACTUAL LINK POST here and grab the code below and place it at your blog entry. You can grab this code at LadyJava's Lounge Please note these links are STRICTLY for Music Monday participants only. All others will be deleted without prejudice.   PS: Because of spamming purposes, the linky will be closed on Thursday of each week at midnight, Malaysian Time. Thank you!