Music Monday #20 Matchbox 20 - Bent

By | 02:30 2 comments

I just realized that on my 20th Music Monday – the artist I have chosen has the #20 in their name =)  … and no I didn’t do it on purpose.

Did you know that in Europe - ‘bent’ meant ‘gay’ and this was around the time the posters of the tour featured the lead singer in tight pants and eye liner !  In UK it’s a term used as being troubled, someone with a few issues.  I like the fact that fact that the term used is ‘bent’ and not ‘broken’ … bent is more likely to be fixed .. broken has to be mended ..

When you first hear the song and really listen to the lyrics – it could come off as a relationship between two people who are a bit messed up but being together would mean that they are ok – because they are together.  A possibility ?

What if it’s just a reflection of all the things one has been through ? The uhugsps-and-downs; the good & bad .. someone who is searching for the one who won’t judge his/her past but just take them as they are and be there through the next rollercoaster ride .. but instead of getting off – be willing to go for the ride again and again … ? 

The lyrics are amazing – quite romantic in their own way – without being mushy.  Of course I want someone to hold me again .. and then again some more .. so what if I have issues :P

I’ve always liked this song .. it’s one of those few ‘lyrics-based’ tracks that I enjoy listening to =)  Every time I hear it – it stirs a different emotion in me (and the guitar intro gives me crazy goose bumps EVERY time without fail)… takes me through the various phases of my life … I’ve learned a lot about life, relationships and people over the years .. and as ‘perfect’  as one may appear to another  no one is really perfect … then again maybe I like to believe that because in my own way I’m pretty ‘bent’ ;)

What are your thoughts ? Do you like the song ? What do you think about it ? and what’s your pick for this Music Monday ?

Come join Music Monday and share your songs with us. Rules are simple. Leave ONLY the actual post link here and grab the code below and place it at your blog entry. You can grab this code at LadyJava's Lounge Please note these links are STRICTLY for Music Monday participants only. All others will be deleted without prejudice.

2 comments:

Namz said...

Cool choice. Love Matchbox20. Just shows that one don't need to be all mushy to be romantic. And yes I agree the guitar grooves kindda shake your spine. Guitars do that. Happy MM Dazediva. Have a great weekend :)

Do visit me, my MM post is here:
http://chinariffs.com/2010/11/mm-5-tnt-intuition/

Anonymous said...

First off.. isnt being fixed and mended pretty much the same thing?? ;)

Never heard Matchbox20 before.. very nice. I loved the lyrics of the song... not so crazy bout the lead singer tho.. I just feel his style of singing would be better suited to a different genre... something just doesnt sit right with me. Dunno why.

and yeah.. You're bent alright! LOL ;-)