It's A Beertastic Day !

By | 23:54 Leave a Comment

Did you know that today, Aug 5th, is International Beer Day ? I’m not talking about an Oktoberfest but a day dedicated to all the breweries & bars out here to let them know that the people appreciate them; and what better way to do so than ‘drinking beer’ !

This is a fairly new and worldwide accepted ‘holiday’ on the calendar which came about in 2007.  From what I’ve learned, there are apparently 278 celebrations taking place across 138 cities in 23 countries !!

int beer day

For the life of me, I’ve never quite understood how people enjoy the taste of beer.  I suppose it’s an acquired taste.  I’m not a beer drinker.  I’ve tried beer (including a strawberry flavoured one) and have never enjoyed it; couldn’t even go past 2-3 sips (and that also grudgingly).

But that’s not gonna stop me from raising a (vodka Red Bull)  toast with my beer drinking mates ! If you haven’t already done so – bring out the beer folks !

Cheers !

 

Raise a Beer To :

  1. International Beer Day : 8 Social Websites for Brew Lovers on Mashable.com
  2. Get Ready For International Beer Day 2011! by ForeverGeek.com; there are some wicked info-graphics