Music Mondays # 2 : Hurts – Wonderful Life

By | 14:10 1 comment

It’s Monday – start of the new week – I can’t believe how quickly yet how slowly the week has gone by. I took part in my first ever Music Monday last week.  I didn’t get many responses but that’s okay since it takes time for something like this to build up.  I did get a few tweets out of it – so at least I made some people smile :) 

I’m on my 2nd Music Monday and couldn’t think of a better track than ‘Hurts – Wonderful Life’ to begin the week with.  Hurts are an English electronic duo from Manchester composed of singer Theo Hutchcraft and synthesizer Adam Anderson.  I only discovered this song about a week, maybe ten days ago and it’s been stuck in my head ever since !  I’ve found a YouTube link along with the Lyrics (not that a lyrics guide is necessary since its quite a simple track)

There’s not much information about the group online – however I have discovered that they were ranked #4 of top 5 acts to look out for in 2010 by the BBC in their ‘Sound of 2010’ poll.  And with the sounds of Wonderful Life – they can definitely make it big ! 

The original Wonderful Life video makes you think back to the 80’s – a very funky black & white video; the lyrics are empowering; the strings are haunting and the drums make me think of electro-pop. 

Have you heard this track before ? What do you think about it ? The lyrics are quite haunting – I can hear the ‘never give up’ in the back of my mind – and its definitely motivating when I’m having a frustrating day with work.  So please do leave a comment as it will save me from having the Monday Blues hehe.

Come join Music Monday and share your songs with us. Rules are simple. Leave ONLY the actual post link here and grab the code below and place it at your blog entry. You can grab this code at LadyJava's Lounge Please note these links are STRICTLY for Music Monday participants only. All others will be deleted without prejudice. PS: Because of spamming purposes, the linky will be closed on Thursday of each week at midnight,

1 comments:

Unknown said...

very nice track...
Mine is here
hugs
shakira