Music Mondays # 3 : REM – Losing My Religion

By | 12:59 Leave a Comment

Who doesn’t love this track ?? It’s an all time classic and from as long as I can remember, I’ve always liked this song.

I’ve mentioned before – I’m not big on lyrics – I’m more of a beats person – I tend to listen to music where the beats get to me; and every now and then I find some tracks where I enjoy the lyrics as much as the beats.  This is one of those tracks.

 
Well I hope you enjoy this track as much as I do … there’s a lot that I’d like to say along with it except that I’m finding it very hard to put words to it.  The song lyrics almost do feel like an obsession and based on the quote I found below – I guess its a an obsession about unrequited love !
 
Stipe told Rolling Stone magazine: "I wanted to write a classic obsession song. So I did." In addition to calling it a song about "obsession," Stipe has also referred to it as a song about "unrequited love" in which all actions and words of the object of your obsession are scrubbed for hidden meaning and hopeful signs. The lyrics pretty clearly support this: "I thought that I heard you laughing, I thought that I heard you sing. I think I thought I saw you try."

Come join Music Monday and share your songs with us. Rules are simple. Leave ONLY the actual post link here and grab the code below and place it at your blog entry. You can grab this code at LadyJava's Lounge Please note these links are STRICTLY for Music Monday participants only. All others will be deleted without prejudice. PS: Because of spamming purposes, the linky will be closed on Thursday of each week at