The Weirdest Animals On The Planet !

By | 12:07 2 comments

As you might have gathered that I quite enjoy watching the Animal Planet and National Geographic – and hence have decided to put up this post.

A few days ago whilst checking out the MSN news online – I came across and article titled ‘The Weirdest Animals’ or something similar.  Silly me was in a rush to go to the doctor and I forgot to bookmark it.

Whilst browsing online today, I came across the ‘The Weirdest Animals on the Planet’ on The Telegraph website and just had to pick a few that I personally found quite weird so that I could share it with you guys !

I’m going to give you my Top 5 …. here goes … (where the majority happen to be sea creatures)

 

sea pig

 Sea Pig -  they live on, or just underneath, the bottom of the ocean and feed on the mud of the seafloor.  They are like ‘sea cucumbers’ (I might have to rethink eating cucumbers !) and act like slugs do on land.

I had never heard of this puffy fellow before today

 

 

hairy frog fish

Hairy Frog Fish walk along the seabed hunting for food. This rare creature can be found in Indonesia

 

 

 

Dumbo Octopus Dumbo Octopus is apparently among the rarest of Octupuses and get’s its name from … yup – it’s ears ! which if you look closely, loosely resemble the Disney character Dumbo the elephant.  Although I think this guy is more cute than weird looking .. and any one of those tentacles could be his trunk.

 

star nose moleThe star-nosed mole is the kind of animal that only it’s mother  could love !  This bad boy has a snout with 22 fleshy tentacles that are used to identify food by touch.

 

And last but not the least of the weird animal family …. I give you the VIPER FISH !

viperfish

This is a deep water fish with long, needle-like teeth and  hinged lower jaws. By far it is the weirdest sea creature that I have seen (not that I have seen many) but OMG this guy gives me the creeps ! It’s because of fish like him that I am petrified of fish swimming up to me !

It is one of the fiercest predators in the very deep part of the sea and is believed to attack its prey by luring its victim with a light producing organ. 

That’s all from me folks – if you want to check out the other 24 animals – do drop by The Telegraph’s website

2 comments:

akd said...

deep sea creature are always interesting and weird !!!

Dazediva said...

@ Asit ... the animal kingdom is full of mysterious looking creatures .. and the ocean is another spectrum altogether !