The World Did Not End in 2012

By | 11:00 Leave a Comment

World Didn't End-725268I guess the Mayans were wrong about the world coming to an end in 2012.   It’s 22nd December and so far nothing catastrophic has happened (except for me almost tripping on a broken bit of pavement).  No deadly Tsunamis or earth quakes or an alien take-over.   The dreaded doomsday, 21st December turned out to be a bit of a dull day; it came and went just like any other day of the year (I didn’t really feel it was any different; nor did the people around me).

I don’t know much about the Mayans or any of the history behind the theory they came up with – but a lot of newspapers and experts claim to know exactly ‘why’ the world did not end.  According to renowned Maya scholar David Stuart and University of Texas at Austin art history professor, despite the popular misconception, the date doesn't predict the end of times - rather, it was intended to promote continuity during a time of crisis.

Why do YOU think the world did not end ? Any theories ? Was it a regular day for you or do you fall under the category of people who considered it a possibility and stocked up on food ? I actually went out for a really nice family dinner followed by an ‘End of the World’ terrace party in the suburbs .  If the world was coming to an end, I’d like to go out of here having a good time (i.e. drinking & dancing) with my friends !