The Social Network

By | 15:57 Leave a Comment
I came across a prompt from The Daily Post free E-Book : 365 Writing Prompts whilst on the hunt for some blogging inspiration.  I'm going to combine this prompt with another one (which says to set yourself a time goal of 10 minutes and answer the question).  So here's the prompt and my response : 

Do you feel like you "get" social media, or do you just use it because that's where all your friends and family are ? 




I DO get social media.  Sure I have friends and family on it - using various types of social media but I'm there for my business and myself.  I truly believe that one can build themselves as a brand if social media is applied in the right way.  


Over the past month - I decided to upgrade my educational skills.  I have a B.Comm in Management & E-Commerce but it's been a while since I have studied anything.  It came as no surprise to me when I found myself signing up for a Diploma in Social Media Marketing & Online Reputation Management.  It's an accredited course from a reputed educational academy.  I enjoyed it so much that I signed up for the Advance Digital Marketing Diploma as well. 

Before I even began to develop the social media platforms for my business - I had already been (in a way) building my personal brand up.  It all started with a few blogs and then there was Twitter - and all of a sudden I found myself being asked to blog for other amazing blogs who actually wanted my perspective on topics.  I managed this without really putting too much thought into it - I was going with the flow and learning the ropes myself.  

Now when it comes down to my business - I want to grow my brand using all the available channels that social media has to offer.  Let's face it - the power of social media goes a long way  !  I guess that's why I took the course and why I still want to learn more.  Social media is constantly evolving - probably too rapidly for most of us to understand .. but the way I see it - there's no harm trying to keep as up-to-date as we can. 

If you want to know more about social media for business then I would recommend reading 'Will Social Media Take You On A Magic Carpet Ride (To Success' and How Social Media Can Help You Get Ahead