David Guetta – The World Is Mine

By | 00:37 Leave a Comment

David Guetta the pioneer of French house with Up & Way, a garage-style track with vocals by Robert Owens released in 1992 really made a name for himself in the mid-90s as one of the key catalysts of Parisian nightlife by promoting evenings at such renowned Paris hot spots as Folies Pigalle, Queen, Bataclan, Palace and Les Bains, where he invited DJ legends like Little Louie Vega, David Morales, DJ Pierre and Roger Sanchez to join him on the turntables. In 2001, however, he went back to his first love: making music.

The World Is Mine has been 'strongly influenced' by Depeche Mode, and indeed it's strikingly similar in sound and style to the 90’s synth pop pioneers. It has a fine beat, is melodious, and the dance floors have been going mad about it. David succeeds in tingeing his work with a slightly darker, more foreboding dimension, creating something that is both uplifting, yet strangely edgy at the same time. The commercial package also features a superb percussion-based remix from Deep Dish.

Developing progressively via synths, ominous riffs and a Dave Gahan style vocal chanting 'mine, the world is mine', the mix builds and builds before collapsing in a predictable but nonetheless fantastic breakdown before taking off for two more minutes of thumping electro-house action. C’est Fantastique!

This is not just one of my all-time favourite dance tunes but also the top tune for all my cousins !! There is no way that if this track is playing – that any of us would not be on the dance floor ! Every time I hear this tune, I’m elated. It is almost as if the beats become one with my heart beat, and the vocals are a part of the blood flow within me. The lyrics seem to just ease through my body, my veins as the lyrics go.

It is a MUST HAVE on any CD that I make for my listening pleasure – or a part of the playlists at any parties. Over the course of the last 24 hours, I have probably heard this song about a handful of times varying from my car, a house party, a night club, even as a ringtone on my friends’ phone ! I can completely lose myself to the stirring rhythms … the track is mixed to build-up a delirious range of emotions … sensual, edgy, sharp and it totally hits a spot :)

I don't know about your musical preferences but this track is a natural high !! I can close my eyes and completely lose myself in the vocals ... do you ever feel like the world is really just all yours ?

That rush one gets driving down an empty stretch of road ... no one there except for you ... you control the road, the environment around you .. euphoric achievement perhaps ? There is no fear ... just the bare feeling of being at one with the world and that the world is really all mine :)

I believe in the wonder
I believe this new life to gain
Like a God that I'm under
There's a drugs running through my veins

I believe in the wonder
I believe I can touch the flame
There's a spell that I'm under
Got to fly, I don't feel no shame

The world is mine
The world is mine
The world is mine

I've lost my fear to war and peace
I don't mind that (the world is mine)
You took the price and realize
That to your eyes (the world is mine)

Take a look what you've started
In the world flashing from your eyes
And you know that you've got it
From the thunder you feel inside

I believe in the feeling
All the pain that you left to die
Believe in believing
In the life that you give to try

The world is mine
The world is mine
The world is mine

I've lost my fear to what appears
I do my best(the world is mine)
You seem surprised and realize
That to your eyes (the world is mine)

The world is mine
I've lost my fear to what appears
I do my best(the world is mine)
You seem surprised and realize
That to your eyes (the world is mine)

I've lost my fear to what appears
I do my best (the world is mine)
You seem surprised and realize

That to your eyes (the world is mine)