B for Believing

By | 18:19 Leave a Comment

Why don't you start believing that that no matter what you have or haven't done, that your best days are still out in front of you. - Joel Osteen 

Sometimes it's really hard to 'believe'.  Life isn't easy.  Life is a test of everything we have ever learned.  It throws things at you when you least expect it.  Sometimes circumstances leave you emotionally and mentally drained and we lose belief in ourselves and that is okay.  As long as you get right back up and have faith in yourself and your abilities - you'll be able to deal with whatever life hurdles come your way.

I'd like to believe that despite everything I have been through over the years - there's something better out there for me.  I can't possibly be working this hard to just be where I am right ? I have to believe that I have the skill sets that will help get me to where I want to be - no matter how hard it is or how long it takes me.  That belief in myself is my survival skill and I give myself a pat on the back for all my accomplishments. You should do that too ! 

We aren't all born with silver spoons in our mouths - but we all have the capability of purchasing said silver spoons as an indulgence at some point or another.  We've all heard people go on about how everything happens for a reason .. and in all honesty - it does (at least 90% of the time, the other 10% is out of sheer bad luck!)  Life is about acceptance of all things good and bad - and after that it's about taking all the chances that you get and see how far you are willing to go in order to pursue your hearts desires.  It's about believing that you are worth it ! It's about having confidence.  Believing in yourself is being sure that you are going to go after whatever you want even if others are against you.  If you have confidence in yourself - so will others. 

How do you assert your belief in yourself ? What dis-empowering beliefs do you have that you want to change ?  I recently read 'Believe In Yourself - A Self Care Strategy' on Huffingtonpost and 'Life Is A Result of Your Beliefs & Expectations' on TinyBuddha and would recommend that you have a read as well when you get the chance.