Music Monday #18 Deepak Chopra feat Demi Moore - Desire

By | 11:23 5 comments

I was going through my old music posts and had to re-post this for today’s Music Monday … The original post can be found here.

Anyone a Buddha Bar fan ? Have you heard 'Desire' by Deepak Chopra featuring Demi Moore ? Yes, Demi Moore as in the actress who was once married to Bruce Wilis and now married to Ashton Kutcher !

The lyrics and rhythms of this track are just immensely soothing and yet so deep – it stirs something at the bottom of my heart.  The lyrics are almost pure and yet so humble in their meaning … honest, open, soul baring. Demi Moore's voice just adds a touch of sensual mystique to this tune.

Do we love ourselves more than we love our lovers ? Can we truly love someone unconditionally without thought for ourselves ? To experience a love where you can find your strengths in someone else is quite intense !

Passion at its peak … where your senses hunger for a touch and taste of another … you can look but cannot touch … wherein a mere glance is enough to melt you and stir a flame within.

I quite like the depth behind the 2nd last verse of the song … I am a water & air sign and love the calming effects that water brings about. The power of the ocean – in all its magnitude – is a reflection of how truly powerless we are in the face of it all. Does the ocean call out to you the way it does to me ?

Are you like the ocean – smooth on the surface, turbulence rampaging below ? Do you have the same intensity as the waters that beckon you to dare tread their surface ? Imagine being able to merge yourself as one with the ocean … to rise above the surface and engulf those around you and make them one with you ?

 

A lover knows only humility, he has no choice.
He steals into your alley at night, he has no choice.
He longs to kiss every lock of your hair, don't fret,
he has no choice.'

In his frenzied love for you, he longs to break the chains of his imprisonment,
he has no choice.
A lover asked his beloved:
Do you love yourself more than you love me?
Beloved replied: I have died to myself and I live for you.
I've disappeared from myself and my attributes,
I am present only for you.
I've forgotten all my learning's,
but from knowing you I've become a scholar.
I've lost all my strength, but from your power I am able.
I love myself...I love you.
I love you...I love myself.
I am your lover, come to my side,
I will open the gate to your love.
Come settle with me, let us be neighbours to the stars.
You have been hiding so long, endlessly drifting in the sea of my love.
Even so, you have always been connected to me.
Concealed, revealed, in the unknown, in the un-manifest.
I am life itself.
You have been a prisoner of a little pond,
I am the ocean and its turbulent flood.
Come merge with me,
leave this world of ignorance.
Be with me, I will open the gate to your love.
I desire you more than food or drink
My body my senses my mind hunger for your taste
I can sense your presence in my heart
although you belong to all the world
I wait with silent passion for one gesture one glance
from you.

Come join Music Monday and share your songs with us. Rules are simple. Leave ONLY the actual post link here and grab the code below and place it at your blog entry. You can grab this code at LadyJava's Lounge Please note these links are STRICTLY for Music Monday participants only. All others will be deleted without prejudice. PS: Because of spamming purposes, the linky will be closed on Thursday of each week at midnight, Malaysian Time. Thank you!

5 comments:

Kimberly said...

Your writing just blows me away! Seriously. And that vid...just oozes sensuality. Rawr. Love it!

wira said...

true love and that's awesome ....thanks for sharing :)

Dazediva said...

@ Kimberly ... stop !! you're making me blush :P The video isn't the original one (it was taken off YouTube) but I thought this one worked well for the song and its lyrics

@ Wira .. true love .. I'm waiting for someone to take my breath away like that !

Bill said...

Wow that is so deep Diva i totally like it.Like kimberly said sensual and raw. Hmmm i am seeing another side of here my friend. You are a totally awesome writer. Kudos my friend.

Dazediva said...

@ Bill .. thank you for your kind words :) you all have made not just my day but my week as well :)

I guess there are some things that we come across that inspire us more than others; some that touch a core that we may not have known to exist ... Its an enjoyable journey :)